HD53LS is a 2-axis ultrasonic static anemometer for measuring:
- Wind speed and direction, U-V Cartesian components of wind speed.
- Wind Gust (only in version with RS485 MODBUS-RTU output).
The average of wind speed and direction over a period configurable up to 10 minutes is calculated.
Two versions are available:
- HD53LS.A: with two analog outputs (one for wind speed and one for wind direction), factory configurable among 4…20 mA (standard), 0…1 V, 0…5 V, 0…10 V (to be specified when ordering).
- HD53LS.S: with RS485 MODBUS-RTU output.
Advantages of the HD53LS series:
- The absence of moving parts minimizes maintenance.
- High sensitivity for detecting very low speeds, which are not detectable by traditional methods.
- Fast and easy installation (on ∅ 40 mm mast, optional tripod available).
- The low power of the instrument allows installation in remote sites, with power from solar panel and battery.
- The version with RS485 MODBUS-RTU output allows instrument networking.