HD32.2A is a thermal microclimate data logger to measure WBGT (Wet Bulb Globe thermometer temperature) Index in Hot Environments according to ISO 7726 and ISO 7243.
Once mounted on its tripod VTRAP32.2A.3A , the instrument is suitable for long period measurements. It is provided with three inputs for probes with cables to be fixed on the dedicated holder HD18.104.22.168. The probes are provided with SICRAM module: they have an electric circuit that communicates with the instrument. The sensor calibration data are saved in its permanent memory. All the SICRAM probes can be inserted in one of the inputs: they are automatically recognized when you switch the instrument on.
The main features of the instrument are:
- Logging: acquisition and memorization of data inside the instrument. Memory capacity: 64 different logging sections, with the possibility to set the acquisition interval of the samples. You can set the duration of the memorization and, with auto-start function; it’s possible to set the starting and finishing date and the hour of data memorization.
- The measurement unit of the temperature visualized sizes: °C, °F, °K.
- The system date and hour.
- The visualization of the maximum, minimum and medium statistic parameters and their cancellation.
- The transfer speed of the data through the serial port RS232.
HD32.2A instrument can contemporarily detect the following sizes:
- Globe thermometer temperature Tg.
- Wet bulb with natural ventilation temperature Tn.
- Ambient temperature T.
On the basis of the detected measurements, HD32.2A can calculate:
- WBGT(in) index (Wet Bulb Glob Temperature: wet bulb and globe thermometer temperature) in presence or absence of solar irradiation.
- WBGT(out) index (Wet Bulb Glob Temperature: wet bulb and globe thermometer temperature) in presence of solar irradiation.
With the HD32.2A, following probes are requested for the WBGT measurement:
- Dry bulb temperature probe TP3207.
- Globe temperature probe TP3275.
- Wet bulb temperature probe with natural ventilation HP3201 or TP3204S.
A simple portable version is also available. See HD32.2.