HD32.2 is a thermal microclimate data logger to measure WBGT (Wet Bulb Globe thermometer temperature) Index in Hot Environments according to ISO 7726 and ISO 7243.
The instrument is provided with three inputs for probes with SICRAM module: the probes have an electric circuit that communicates with the instrument; the sensor calibration data are saved in its permanent memory. All the SICRAM probes can be inserted in one of the inputs: they are automatically recognized when you switch the instrument on.
The main features of the instrument are:
- Logging: acquisition and memorization of data inside the instrument. Memory capacity: 64 different logging sections, with the possibility to set the acquisition interval of the samples. You can set the duration of the memorization and, with auto-start function; it’s possible to set the starting and finishing date and the hour of data memorization.
- The measurement unit of the temperature visualized sizes: °C, °F, °K.
- The system date and hour.
- The visualization of the maximum, minimum and medium statistic parameters and their cancellation.
- The transfer speed of the data through the serial port RS232.
HD32.2 instrument can contemporarily detect the following sizes:
- Globe thermometer temperature Tg.
- Wet bulb with natural ventilation temperature Tn.
- Ambient temperature T.
On the basis of the detected measurements, HD32.2 can calculate:
- WBGT(in) index (Wet Bulb Glob Temperature: wet bulb and globe thermometer temperature) in presence or absence of solar irradiation.
- WBGT(out) index (Wet Bulb Glob Temperature: wet bulb and globe thermometer temperature) in presence of solar irradiation.
These probes are requested for the WBGT measurement:
- Dry bulb temperature probe TP3207.2.
- Globe temperature probe TP3276.2.
- Natural ventilated wet bulb temperature probe HP3201.2.
HD32.2 is the portable version, mostly used in combination with a table stand (small tripod). For measurements during a longer period we suggest the version with a stable tripod HD32.3A.